This is how a sample job description template for the position of Technical Director would look like. You can use it as a base to prepare the final job description for your organization.
Job Title: Technical Director
Years of Experience: 1+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
This Director Technical Architect position will be responsible for creating the technology strategy and any associated technical delivery for US Payroll and Compensation. This position will define and drive towards a future state, end to end, technical architecture that leverages industry standards and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direction of CA State CLS Training Program.
- Contribution to scientific publication on behalf of USL.
- Consultation for genetics send-out cases.
- Oversight of the internal and external (i.e., CLIA, CAP, CA and NY State) proficiency testing and inspection.
- Programs in the respective laboratories.
- Providing professional consultations for on-site pathologists and referring physicians.
- Oversight of the Technical (Assay improvement and validation), Quality Assurance/Ouality Improvement (QA/QI), Training/Competency and Continuing Education
- Review, interpretation and reporting of cytogenetic and FISH results. Review and interpretation of molecular genetics results.
- The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects on time and on budget
- Any experience in integrating Unix and Windows environments is a plus, but is not required
- Solid understanding of Windows networking, domains, policies, and ActiveDirectory
- Minimum 4 years proven leadership experience in managing a team of system administrators in a corporate environment
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to build and motivate teams responsible for 24×7 operations
- Minimum 3 years of Windows system administration experience in an corporate environment
Salary: $12.00 – $18.00 Hourly DOE