You can use this sample job description template for the position of Technical Office Engineer for guidance for building a real JD of this position in your organization.
Job Title: Technical Office Engineer
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Reinforcement Systems, LLC, a leading reinforcement steel producer for the concrete construction industry is starting a new manufacturing facility located in Warren, OH. We are currently seeking an office engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of pay estimates and As-Built documents.
- Perform quantity measurements and calculations of pay items.
- Maintain detailed project records including documentation of field progress, field conditions, contractor hours / equipment use, deficiencies, non-conformities, and corrective actions.
- Monitor construction work being completed for compliance with contract documents and specifications.
- Perform routine to moderately complex inspection and documentation of contractor work activities.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans; specifications, and inspection procedures.
- The ability to work as a team player across all firm departments. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- The ability to multi-task, handling numerous concurrent requests in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Primavera Expedition experience required.
- Experience developing processes to capture data and develop reports. Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Office applications are essential.
- Office Engineering experience supporting municipal clients.
- Seven to ten years of construction management experience.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE