Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Ticketing Agent:
Job Title: Ticketing Agent
Location of the Job: New York City, NY 07030
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our dynamic Company is seeking a motivated Part Time Ticket Agent for our Pier 11 Ferry Terminal in New York City. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: selling tickets via cash and credit card purchases for ferry routes and directing customers to the appropriate ferry pier
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative duties related to the position.
- Preparing in-house sales reports.
- Refunds/Claims/Ticket stock inventory.
- Quoting and collecting payments for all reservations made in-house.
- Ticketing individuals and groups.
- Assisting passengers with internet based reservations.
- Assisting travel agents and individual passengers in all aspects of ticketing and reservations including group reservations and ticketing.
- Booking reservations for individual passengers and groups.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, and email.
- Personal attributes: strong organizational skills, attention to detail, team player, and motivated.
- Positive attitude a must.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- A reliable professional who follows organization and department procedures, completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Amadeus and or other CRS systems required.
- Minimum of two years experience in the travel industry. European airline or a travel agency with international reservation and ticketing preferred.