Here is a sample job description template for the position of Travel Agent:
Job Title: Travel Agent
Location of the Job: San Antonio, TX 78216
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our Corporate Business Center in Downtown Tacoma is a fantastic work environment. Duties will include, but are not limited to, making Air, Hotel and Car reservations for domestic and International travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide unparallel customer service
- Travel Insurance Quotations
- Book Flights (Amadeus)
- Prepare Job Budgets (MS Excel) & Quotations (MS Word)
- Respond to enquiries (phone, email, fax & mail)
- Develop vacation itineraries based on client needs
- You must have excellent relationship skills, be accurate, have strong time management skills and be a team player.
- Both written and oral communication skills are critical to this position as you provide coaching and consulting by phone and via email.
- Extensive international faring, construction of complex itineraries and destination knowledge is required.
- Experience using a GDS is required. Current experience on Worldspan is preferred.
- You must have a minimum of three years travel industry experience.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE