This sample job description template for the position of Youth Specialist is provided by way of guidance only. You will need to modify it to reflect the actual requirements of the position in your organization.
Job Title: Youth Specialist
Location of the Job: St James, MO 65559
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Youth Care Specialist provides for the physical and emotional needs of the children assigned to the cottage and facilitates a healthy group living experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of command/unit Family Program team and other appropriate committees, taskforces, councils, e.g.
- Collect data and prepares required AR CYSS reports, surveys and other correspondence for;
- Coordinate and serve as support staff for Army Reserve Enrichment Camps (AREC), Youth Education and Leadership (YLEAD) summits, and Army Reserve Teen Panel meetings.
- Coordinate provision of child care/youth supervision options for special events
- Assists AR Families obtain access to child care
- Act as the primary advisor to Regional Support Commands/major subordinate units, O&F commands on all matters relating to CYSS.
- Works under the general guidance of the AR CYSS Program Manager, but must be capable of working independently without direct supervision and with Regional
- Develop, plan and execute training on CYSS programs and initiatives;
- Emotionally and physically able to utilize agency approved techniques in de-escalation.
- Good customer service skills, ability to get along with families, children, referral sources, and staff.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Possess or obtain within 2 weeks of hire a current, valid Class E driver’s license and meet the GREAT CIRCLE requirements for insurance; exceptions made only by Director of Residential Services.
Salary: $24.00 – $26.00 Hourly DOE