Here is a sample job description template for the position of Family Support Worker:
Job Title: Family Support Worker
Location of the job: Cambridge, MA
Years of Experience: 2 to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
The Family Support Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that families receive the comprehensive services they need to support the optimal development of their children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Activities also include identifying and referring for contacts/appointments at other supportive agencies, including health care appointments.
- Activities occur primarily within the family’s home and include providing prenatal, parenting and health education.
- The Family Support Worker provides families with home-based, culturally competent services in the Bushwick HFNY Program to promote optimal child development, enhance parent-child relationships and improve family support system through weekly home visits.
- Spanish speaking applicants encourage to apply.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in counseling/social services/case management and experience with youth/adolescents required.
- Knowledge of Burlington County resources a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field.