Find below a sample job description template for the position of IT Engineer:
Job Title: IT Engineer
Location of the Job: Bothell, WA 98011
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The IT Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems, participates planning capacity, helps employees with desktop problems and provides expertise to keep the servers and network running at their site and potentially other Vertafore sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install end-user equipment and software and provide technical support.
- Specify, order, install, and support networks, both internally and at customer sites.
- Participate in the support of the company’s network systems and servers.
- Provide technical support for customer demonstrations and trade shows.
- Document business processes, including system diagrams.
- Create and deploy custom settings for managing client systems.
- Administration of Windows servers, TrackIt, Postini, Trend Micro, SharePoint, and backup.
- Hands-on support of remote employees’ PC issues.
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot Windows XP and Vista.
- At least 2 years of experience with Active Directory
- At least 4 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop platforms
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS’s and customer applications such as Office 2003/2007
- Ability to effectively communicate and solve issues through a combination of email, phone, and remote desktop.
- It is expected that anyone in this role have strong analytical problem solving skills and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess 6-10 years of experience in internal customer facing technical support (desktop/laptop/server)
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE