The following is a sample job description template for the position of Motor Vehicle Operator. You can use it as a base to prepare a JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Operator
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Positions in this classification operate vehicles which weigh under 26,000 GVW a majority of the time. These vehicles include: automobiles, pick-up trucks, passenger vans, cargo vans, step vans, van body trucks, buses, and various other trucks weighing under 26,000# GVW.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort interdepartmental mail on the truck according to building delivery.
- May sort USPS mail into various classes according to postal regulations.
- Deliver mail and parcels from truck to mail room(s) in buildings, and pick up outgoing mail.
- Pick up malfunctioning and deliver repaired computers and related equipment.
- Prepare simple reports and maintain records.
- Drive light trucks to deliver or return maintenance personnel, tools, parts, equipment, construction materials and supplies to/from work sites.
- Operate mobile radio in vehicle to communicate with dispatcher for instructions, directions, new assignments, etc.
- Refuel truck and perform other minor preventive maintenance.
- Load or direct the loading of the truck, insuring the weight is properly distributed and cargo is secured.
- Pick up and deliver packages, books and other materials for various departments.
- Load 10-gallon cans of milk, cases of milk products in small containers, 2½-gallon ice cream containers, and other miscellaneous processed foods from the dairy loading dock.
- Some positions may be required to have a commercial driver’s license.
- Other qualifications required for these positions will be determined at the time of recruitment.
- Such determinations will be made based on an analysis of the goals and worker activities performed and by an identification of the education, training, work or other life experience which would provide reasonable assurance that the knowledge and skills required upon appointment have been acquired.
Salary: 11.00 – 13.00 USD per hour