Following is a sample job description template for the position of Application Architect:
Job Title: Application Architect
Location of the Job: Omaha, NE1269
Job Type: Full Time Employee
TEKsystems is looking for a highly motivated individual interested in an opportunity with a local business. This person will consult with project teams and functional units on the design of import projects and services.
- Detailed knowledge of operating systems or components
- Experience with Oracle 10g+, SQL Server 2005+, XSL, XSD, and XPath
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the company’s business.
- Extensive experience with Java, JSP, Servlets, J2EE, EJB, XML
- Proficient in software development methodologies and possesses the ability to disseminate them to a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or sub-team activities simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility..
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Common web protocols, such as HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, etc.
- Extensive experience with .Net Framework version 2.0-3.5, ASP.Net web and web service solutions, and Windows Workflow Foundation
- 10+ years experience in software or applications engineering
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support strategic approaches and maintain alignment of development projects with enterprise strategic direction and application architecture.
- Assume a leadership role in establishing and insuring compliance with IT governance policies and initiatives including standards, best practices and policies
- Document the desired future state of application architecture, and document the gaps between current and future states continually developing project team competencies.
- Anticipate emerging business needs and provide information technology tool recommendations to the business.
- Design, document and drive adoption of enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks
- Work with IT and business representatives to identify opportunities leading to the design and development of tools and application
- Lead activities with external vendors and internal team to identify, evaluate and recommend system hardware and software
- Provide technical/architectural mentoring and coaching to team members by identifying development opportunities and through one-on-one coaching;
Salary: 100,000.00 – 120,000.00 USD /year