Here is a sample job description template for the position of Data Architect.
Job Title: Data Architect
Location of the Job: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Most companies say they have great culture, work-life balance, and exciting opportunities. So, what can we say here that will differentiate us? Only the truth: our corporate culture is different.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the entire Business Intelligence team to provide an Enterprise BI Platform that conforms to consistent methodologies, standards and industry best practices.
- Participate in defining overall data architectures for custom business applications.
- Work with numerous teams in Demand Media to architect a data centric approach to Business Processes and Reporting.
- Participate in supporting the Operations team to ensure that the BI Platform is operating efficiently and handle escalation issues from QA and Operations as they arise.
- Understand the business objectives and provide solutions that efficiently meet the objects in a timely manner with a focus on data integrity and quality.
- Ensure that all of the products and data within the platform are architected and integrated as a cohesive unit, ensure proper documentation, source control and change management are adhered to.
- Participate in evaluating requirements, working with engineers and product managers to provide solutions to end users.
- Product Teams to ensure a holistic integration of an enterprise BI solution within the entire Demand Media ecosystem.
- Provide technical leadership to other members of the development team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications for our clients.
- Participate in BI product evaluations, RFP’s, POC’s and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization. Ensure that the
- Lead efforts for data modeling.
- Extensive experience with very large data repositories (10+ terabytes).
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
- Flexible: capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines.
- Effective communicator: able to work with executives, engineers, managers, web/API/database developers, QA testers, internal customers and external partners.
- Extensive experience architecting OLTP/OLAP databases with enterprise modeling tools like ERStudio, Erwin, etc.
- Strong written communication skills including design documentation, proof of concept and prototype analysis and documentation.
- Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and design.
- Experience with Netezza, Data Allegro, Teradata or other large scale data warehouse appliances
- Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices.
- Very competent SQL skills for multiple platforms.
- 7-10 years working as an Architect for software development, database and Business Intelligence Solutions.
Work Hours: Competitive salaries Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: We offer competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits