Given below is sample job description template for the position of Data Warehouse Architect:
Job Title: Data Warehouse Architect
Location of the Job: New York, NY 10055
Job Type: Full Time Employee
We are currently seeking an experienced BI Analyst/Architect with a strong background in Data Warehouses and Microstrategy (MSTR). The candidate will be responsible for developing innovative BI reporting solutions, providing responsive end-user support and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, design and direct the implementation of the Master Data Management framework.
- Define the overall data warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts).
- Direct the data warehouse metadata capture and access effort.
- Define metadata standards for the data warehouse.
- Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse.
- Design and direct the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse.
- Define physical architecture, server and storage, to support technical and SDLC requirements.
- Define technical requirements, technical and data architectures for the data warehouse.
- Deliver a project scope and data strategy that directly supports the key business drivers.
- Define key business drivers for the data warehouse initiative.
- Significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata or others.
- Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional).
- Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (e.g., ETL, ODS, DBMS, BI) with experience in Informatica
- Experience in leading successful enterprise data warehousing efforts.
- BS/MS in Engineering, IT, or Computer Science preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
Salary: $195,000 – $220,000/ Annually