Here is a sample job description template for the position of Health Information Specialist:
Job Title: Health Information Specialist
Location of the Job: Richardson, TX 75082
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our client embraces research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Virology experience required. Candidate must demonstrate good understanding of the HIV market place
- Excellent communications, (both verbal and written) skills and computer skills.
- Healthcare professional with 1-2 years of Drug/Medical Information experience.
- Candidate MUST possess a Pharm.D. or RPh degree
- Present product data to our customers or vendors
- Through regular review of customer contact data, alerts management and Therapeutic Teams of emerging trends or issues.
- Escalate calls/inquiries to second-line pharmacist when required.
- Assists in development of standard and customized responses to customers.
- Processes and reconciles adverse events for all company marketed products.
- Utilizes appropriate information and resources to respond to medical information inquiries, documents the inquiry and the response in departmental database
- Responds to all on-label and off-label customer inquire for all company marketed and investigational agents received via phone, fax or e-mail.
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE