A sample job description template for the position of Infrastructure Analyst is given below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Analyst
Location of the Job: Brockton, MA 02301
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Infrastructure Analyst Job Description:
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Analyst candidate to provide hands-on IT service and support for our North America locations. This position will be based in Vancouver, Washington.
- Experience with ITIL framework for Service Delivery Model
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server
- ITIL methodology, including Change Control experience.
- Experience working with virtualization and clustering (blades, SANs, VMWare, EMC).
- Experience working in a SAP environment.
- Microsoft and Cisco qualifications/
- An understanding of networking and IP related services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-depth understanding of all standard Windows networking protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular SMS, in deploying MS security patches, service packs, and OS updates/
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and good knowledge of other MS applications including IIS, ISA, proxy, and SQL Server.
- Configuration and support of Active Directory services, Group Policies, as well as anti-virus and web servers.
- Configuration and support of MS Windows 2K, XP, Vista, and 7 PC operating systems, NT, 2K, 2003, and 2008 Servers, Exchange 2003/2007 Server, and Citrix servers (Metaframe and Presentation).
- Service definition for MTS WIHS technologies and service stacks.
- Implementation of new MTS WIHS infrastructure components and upgrades to existing platforms.
- At least 2 years in an infrastructure role resolving Level I – III technical issues.
- Liaising with the Engineering team for third line, architectural support and escalation to vendors.
Salary: USD 32,000.00 /year