Given below is a sample job description template for the position of IT Program Manager:
Job Title: IT Program Manager
Location of the Job: Melville, NY 11747
The Program Manager should be able to communicate at senior levels within the USDA agency to include the CIO, contracts, and program managers of mission-critical systems.
- Management of customer expectations in a dynamic business environment.
- Earned value tracking, reporting and management to manage work and cost in accordance with plans.
- Planning, organization, staffing, directing and controlling work on behalf of a government customer.
- Project management of a cost plus award fee contract to obtain maximum fee through excellent service and satisfaction of service-level agreements.
- Supervising multiple teams in support of IT projects, including technical architecture, infrastructure, software development, software maintenance, configuration management, and quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching, mentoring and guidance to project team members.
- Escalation to executive sponsors as necessary.
- Responsibility for program-level communications to stakeholders (all-levels).
- Review and oversight for the program’s project management.
- Leading the definition of overall program strategy, scope, plan and resources.
- Accountability to executive sponsors for the program scope, schedule, budget, and quality delivery.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year