Following is a sample job description template for the position of IT Project Leader:
Job Title: IT Project Leader
Location of the Job: Windsor Locks, CT 06096
The IT Project Lead is responsible for leading projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to solve business needs. Works with the IT and business management teams to define overall technical direction.
- Superior working knowledge of COBOL, VSAM (KSDS & ESDS), Database (either DB2 or IDMS), and Functional competency in CICS
- Proven ability to work with user community in both requirements definition and business issues.
- Solid track record of successful testing (both positive and negative views) and successful implementations
- Proven ability in working with and leading the development efforts of other team members.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Expert level business application troubleshooting skills
- Ability to create and maintain precise documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change focus as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- College degree in related field and minimum 5 years programming experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- User Guides and training end-users on new or changed functionality.
- Assess development objectives for project phases and recommend technical strategies and tactics to achieve business needs.
- Monitoring and reporting to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Regularly coaching other personnel to ensure functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices
- Collaborate with other IT divisions like BASIS, Operations and Security and ensure effective communications to achieve the best results.
- Monitor and keep control over the solution and ensure successful migration from development, test systems and eventually to production system.
- Collaborates with internal customers, IT, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available SAP R/3 and related technologies, recommend and implement solution options
- Identify business problems and implement solutions.
- Estimate cost and risk of solutions.
- Assess and communicate issues of technology impact on the business and apply a broad knowledge of technical functions to accurately anticipate organizational impacts
- Understand the different aspects of business; participate in the requirements definition phase, Translate complex business requirements to system solutions.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year