Find below a sample job description template for the position of IT Services Manager:
Job Title: IT Services Manager
Location of the Job: Garland, TX 75040
This is a supervisory and technical position responsible for directing the activities of the IT Services team, which provides IT services and applications to AOPC and appellate court users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises and performs installations of new software into the IT services environment.
2. Supervises and performs upgrades/patches throughout the IT services environment.
3. Develops strategic and operational planning documents for the IT services environment to ensure best practices and sound architectural approaches are implemented.
4. Ensures all IT services environments are being properly monitored for faults and performance, and reviews such data to ensure the environments are operating optimally.
5. Monitors and tracks trouble tickets and system maintenance logs using Remedy Action Request system.
6. Coordinates the team’s activities with other groups including applications teams, networking/communications group, Unix/SAN group and other Windows system support groups.
7. Supervises and performs general server maintenance, monitoring, administration and troubleshooting of the IT services environment, which includes associated network appliances and servers.
8. Directs the daily work activities of four LAN Technicians that support the IT services infrastructure, which includes Aventail VPN remote access, MS SharePoint 2007, Altiris and VMware.
1. Systems Engineering/Architecture expertise
2. An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered
3. One year of experience as a LAN Technician or Server Technician within the Pennsylvania Judiciary.
4. Three years of technical experience providing microcomputer support service to include hardware and software maintenance, installation, and operation within a network environment;
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field; AND
- ITIL Foundations or Service Manager/Expert certification
Salary: $11,000.00 – $12,000.00 /year