Following is a sample job description template for the position of Marketing Writer:
Job Title: Marketing Writer
Location of the Job: Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to brainstorm, research, develop, write and execute materials and campaigns designed for retail investors.
- A B. in communications, journalism, business, or English
- Marketing experience in the consulting/engineering industry is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years of related experience
- The ability to occasionally lift heavy display materials
- The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and tracking
- Excellent crisis management skills
- The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confidence, assertiveness, and the ability to establish trust and credibility with internal clients
- Excellent command of grammar and spelling
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofreads and ensures that copy is accurate, clearly written and adheres to all style, corporate and brand standards prior to being released for review, layout or publication.
- Interacts with product managers, marketing, sales, technology and other groups, as needed.
- Establishes and track standards for efficiency and output quality.
- Establishes and continually updates writing standards to improve quality, user satisfaction and positively affect product management results.
- Builds editorial support for marketing ideas and projects.
- Develops advertising campaigns for retail investors, works with the creative director and determines the best way to present marketing information.
- Develops and creates original concepts, writes, proofreads and edits copy for product information materials.
- Coordinates multiple copy projects simultaneously.
- Writes to customers in their terms and on their level so that the message is more readily received.
- Writes articles, brochures, ads, press releases, and other related informative, marketing and promotional materials.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $14,000.00 /year