Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Online Marketing Manager:
Job Title: Online Marketing Manager
Location of the Job: Charlotte metro area 29707
The Online Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing marketing strategies and initiatives for a variety of company-owned and managed sites in multiple verticals. Your work will largely be determined by your experience and areas of expertise.
- Understanding of fundamental content and marketing principles
- Able to research and understand the latest search engine algorithms, rules, trends, and techniques
- Direct SEO experience a plus.
- 2-3 years experience in online company (Search Engine; eCommerce; Community; Media; Social Network)
- Exceptional analytical skills (XL; SQL; 3rd party analytics packages)
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field from a top school
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform external analysis of industry trends and competitor initiatives through primary and secondary research methods.
- Produce and publish website performance analysis for senior management’s review.
- Utilize reporting tools to track online marketing campaigns
- Work closely with web merchandising and creative services teams to develop and deploy brand driven messaging and promotions.
- Work closely with creative and reporting/analysis teams to ensure media plans and creative/measurement work are strategically aligned, and business needs are met
- Partner with direct and brand marketing teams to build cross channel promotions and knowledge share.
- Expand the mobile program as a vital part of Express marketing and support the expansion into mobile commerce
- Grow the Express social media presence through innovation and viral messaging.
- Lead strategic direction and implementation of improvements to paid search, affiliate, display, and email programs with a focus on customer acquisition and traffic growth.
- Manage a team of online marketing professionals; provide leadership, ongoing feedback, effective motivation, performance evaluation, career direction and training of staff members.
Salary: $12,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year