Following is a sample job description template for the position of Painter:
Job Title: Painter
Location of the Job: Elkhart, IN 46517
Immediate opening for an experienced painter/finisher. Must have experience with paints, stains, dyes, and topcoats. General knowledge of paint equipment is required. Must be detail orientated with attention to producing a high quality product. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Lots of work available!
- Start Immediately!!
- Hired – per job basis –
- Must have transportation.
- Must speak English (Spanish a Plus)
- Experience spraying texture.
- Experience using a paint sprayer a Plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Completes requisitions by performing interior and exterior painting to the highest standards.
- Protects equipment, furniture, and floors by placing drop cloths.
- Maintains safe work procedures by erecting scaffolds, ladders, and safety barriers according to prescribed protocols.
- Achieves desired colors by mixing paints.
- Prepares surfaces by scraping; using commercial paint removers; filling cracks and holes; sizing plaster walls.
- Prepares work to be processed by reviewing work requests; resolving questions; prioritizing projects.
Salary: $14,000.00 – $15,000.00 /year