Find below a sample job description template for the position of Patent Attorney:
Job Title: Patent Attorney
Location of the Job: Naperville, IL 60563
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Nalco has an opening for a Patent Attorney in our Legal/Patents Group located in Naperville, IL. The Patent Attorney will primarily be responsible for independently drafting, filing and prosecuting US patent and trademark applications and directing the filing and prosecution of foreign patent and trademark applications.
- 1-3 years of U.S. patent application drafting and prosecution experience
- Chemical knowledge required
- Current license to practice before the highest court of at least one state and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in a physical science
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of patent litigation.
- Review, respond and provide advice with regard to claims of patent infringement.
- Manage patent review committee
- Management of outside counsel
- Educate R&D/development teams on how to protect inventions and avoid infringement of third party rights.
- Patent preparation and prosecution work.
- Work closely with research and development teams in IS&S, Manufacturing, Logistics and other departments to identify research of strategic importance worthy of patent protection.
- Review and recommend changes to existing patent and invention policies and procedures.
- Oversee, enforce and maintain patent portfolio Analyze patents and patentability, freedom-to-practice/clearance, validity and infringement opinions.
Salary: 12.00 – 20.00 USD /hour