Following is a sample job description template for the position of Sales Associate:
Job Title: Sales Associate
Location of the Job: Westland, MI 48185
This is a temporary, full-time hourly position. Candidates should be fully-available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Some travel for training may be required
- Flexibility with work schedule and locations
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Willingness to approach clientele
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to achieve performance goals; accountable to achieve and deliver against sales goals
- Strong Guest Service skills
- Confident self-starter with experience in sales
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading about new products.
- Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
- Receives returned items by inspecting items; returning payment; issuing credit; re-packing and re-shelving items; returning damaged items to supplier.
- Maintains parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders when order-points are reached.
- Takes customer orders by listening to and clarifying requests; identifying parts; offering and explaining alternative solutions.
- Completes sales by entering purchased items into sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to credit account; issuing sales receipts.
Salary: $12,000.00 – $14,000.00 /year