Given hereunder is a sample job description template for the position of Administrative Coordinator:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Location of the job: Long Beach, CA 90840
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator that has non-profit experience and has a Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, or Journalism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with Swarthmore College community a strong plus.
- Prior work experience in higher education administrative support preferred.
- 5-10 years of directly related professional experience required, particularly related to general awareness of the media and media preferences.
- High school diploma required; business school and/or some college preferred.
- Discretion and sound judgment required in dealing with senior level administrators as well as external media and community members.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and copyedit
- Ability to work as a team member to build strong working relationships across campus and in the broader community.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, often under deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to function in an individual capacity as well as in a small team environment
- Ability to independently resolve issues and unexpected challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage calendars and tasks using MS Outlook
- Ability to work with MS Excel including the creation and management of spreadsheets that require knowledge of functions and relations
- Ability to create memorandum, letters and other documents using MS Word
- 3+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Ability to independently manage day-to-day office operations
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 Hourly DOE