Have a look at the sample job description template for the position of Benefits Manager given below. Make necessary changes as per your actual requirements.
Job Title: Benefits Manager
Location of the Job: Dallas, TN 75261
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS), Human Resources Division (HRD) is seeking an experienced Benefits Manager to plan, direct and oversee –Population Health Management (PHM) benefits for State of Ohio employees and their dependents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare various reports on benefit cost and trend analyses
- Develop and manage timelines on special projects for assigned benefit programs.
- Develop Request for Proposal (RFP) and establish criteria and evaluation for selection of vendor
- Analyze benefit program data and recommend plan design changes to reduce expenditures.
- Research benefit trends with national and regional benchmarks.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Population Health Management program.
- Collaborate with the DAS Office of Collective Bargaining and the Joint Health Care Committee (a labor/management committee) on benefits for employees and dependents.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and union organizations, and preparing correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry a plus
- Minimum of five years experience supervising a team
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in Benefits and insurance – preferably in group plans with self-funded experience as it relates to high volume, multi-state operations
- PeopleSoft experience is a must
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations that affect self-insured benefit plans; familiarity of disclosure reporting requirements to participants and regulatory bodies; basic knowledge of accounting and payroll principals
- Track record of attracting, developing, managing, and retaining a team that is recognized as subject matter experts and providers of results through excellent client service is a must
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE