A sample job description template for the position of Business Controller is given below:
Job Title: Business Controller
Location of the job: Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This newly created position will be responsible for the accuracy of the CO (controlling) and PA (profitability) aspects of our SAP system and will provide financial management support to our Sales Management Teams for our over $600 million U.S. Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures appropriate visibility and analysis of cost saving opportunities while implementing process controls.
- Ensures policies and procedures are updated and maintained in accordance with SOX.
- Prepares and analyzes annual budget, quarterly financial forecast outlook and financial plans for business group.
- Reports financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for developing and maintaining budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting, and reporting policies/practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert user of excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of principles and practices used in accounting
- SAP experience highly desirable
- 7-10 years of hands-on accounting experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Accounting designation preferred (CPA/CMA)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting