Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Cable Technician:
Job Title: Cable Technician
Location of the Job: Tulsa, OK 74133
Years of Experience: 3+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
This is a proactive posting not tied to a specific opening with a client. We are anticipating having Cable Technician positions coming available in the very near future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
- Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install as specified.
- Performs task in a professional manner.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Installs or helps install low-volt components.
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate. (Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations that may require certification and training before operating).
- Knowing your color codes, punchdowns, and patch panels.
- Experience Pulling Cable
- ETHERNET, DS3, COLOR CODES, PUNCH DOWNS, Patch Panel, PULLING CABLE, Cat5, Cat6,
Salary: 14.00 – 19.00 USD /hour