The job of a CAD Operator involves designing and drafting of plans and layouts using the CAD software. If you are looking for job description for the position of CAD Operator in your company, the following sample template will guide you in this direction.
Job Title: CAD Operator
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Brownsville Marine Products, a builder of inland river barges, is seeking a CAD Operator/Drafter with plate steel detailing experience to fill a permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with responsible engineers, designers, checkers, drafters, other departments and suppliers to obtain expected results and use time efficiently.
- Prepares and incorporates Change Orders that are complicated in nature or that require extensive coordination with design team members.
- Provides CAD design and drafting support to existing and new product programs.
- Uses CAD software to create 3D design layouts that may be stand-alone tasks or a part of a larger design task.
- Investigates Change Requests thoroughly and makes design/drafting recommendations that yield effective solutions.
- Incorporates interchangeability of mechanical designs, resolves manufacturing design issues, and builds cost reduction into product design.
- Applies practical dimensioning and tolerance techniques based on part form, fit and function. Ensures there are no adverse tolerance build ups. Completes tolerance analysis studies.
- Assists with design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or improve quality of product.
- Maintains CAD models, drawings and associated files in the data management system per department procedures.
- Prepares accurate, complete work that conforms to company standards.
- Significant experience with Pro-Cabling is required.
- Experience with Pro-Engineer and Pro-Intralink is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of product design experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of technical drafting occupational experience.
- Requires a high school diploma and completion of a technical drafting curriculum. Additional higher education or training in a technical related field is preferred.
- Requires significant experience in mechanical design and electro-mechanical packaging with emphasis on manufacturing processes, materials, finishes and machining operations.
Salary: 14.00 – 18.00 USD per hour