The job of a Career Specialist involves developing the career skills (interview, group discussion, resume writing, etc.) of job seekers and help them find a suitable job. Following is a sample job description template for the position of Career Specialist.
Job Title: Career Specialist
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Work Opportunities Unlimited is looking for energetic individuals to join our Career Services Team in the Portland Maine area. Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting individuals with disabilities in developing career goals, job seeking skills, securing employment and life skills training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Are able to work autonomously and in collaboration with the community.
- Have strong communication skills
- Enjoy working in the community
- Have a passion to make a difference in people’s lives
- Serves as a program contact for other programs and agencies serving young adults
- Determines eligibility for benefits and assists with the application process.
- Provides information and referrals to educational/training programs and other community based organizations’ programs and monitors outcomes.
- Provides on-on-one and group setting job readiness instruction and career coaching
- Conducts outreach and recruitment activities to engage homeless job seekers, provides client’s progress reports as required and promotes IMPACT/Young Adult Initiative.
- Researches and identifies job leads, assists with job match and permanent placement processes.
- Provides vocationally-oriented case management services.