Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Cash Manager:
Job Title: Cash Manager
Location of the Job: Kalamazoo, MI 49053
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, foreign exchange, management of current accounts, Letters of Credit, and bank relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the cooperative effort among members of a project team
- Developing and administering schedules, performance requirements and being responsible for budgets
- Acting as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and resolve technical problems
- Working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including the understanding of current business trends
- Recommending changes of policies and establishing procedures that immediately affect organization’s operation
- Providing guidance to subordinates with latitude-established company policies
- Determining how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Acting as a liaison with sales and training personnel, branch offices and technology staff
- Coordinating clearance/processing of stock loan transactions and syndications
- Coordinating clearance/processing activities for repo, reverse repo and borrowed bonds activities
- Working with stock loans, treasury and other operations groups in determining financing needs and availability of collateral for pledging
- Managing buy-in and fail control processes
- Balancing daily figures, reconciling with banks and clearing firms as well as doing same-day corrections, additions and deletions to order files
- Authenticating instruction receipts, verifying entry instructions, processing, recording, reporting and reconciling
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Familiarity with bank cash management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements.
- Designation as a certified Cash Manager or Certified Treasury Professional would be a plus.
- 5 – 8 years experience in Finance or Accounting, with a strong background in Treasury.
- MBA preferred.
Salary: $10.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE