This sample job description template for the position of Chief Development Officer will help you prepare a real JD for this position in your company:
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Location of the Job: PA – Miquon
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
The Chief Development Officer will be a strategic and dynamic leader who will thrive on the challenge of leading a talented development team to creatively expand CTF’s fundraising capacity. Reporting to Suzin Bartley, CTF’s Executive Director, the Chief Development Officer will be a member of the senior leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase the statewide visibility of the agency in a manner that builds our fundraising potential.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive fundraising plan for all fundraising programs.
- Lead the planning, coordination, and management of fundraising activities.
- Cultivate and nurture various relationships between the agency’s donors and donor prospects, Board members, volunteers, and other leadership activities.
- Directing and guiding fund development, communications, and marketing professionals to meet goals
- Working in concert with the CEO to secure significant individual gifts
- Attending board meetings as appropriate and providing staff leadership to the development committee
- Providing staff leadership to the board’s development committee
- Providing leadership in developing and monitoring the development, communications, and marketing strategies
- Developing and executing council-wide policies and procedures
- Demonstrated record of successfully managing major gift cultivation and solicitation as well as leading capital and annual campaigns
- Established expertise utilizing donor software applications.
- Strong financial management skills, including with budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to identify and cultivate new donors and sources of support from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Outstanding coaching and mentoring expertise in order to develop a fund-raising capability within an organization
- Ability to translate ideas into comprehensive fund-raising and development plans
- Excellent leadership abilities to effectively manage employees, volunteers, and fund-raising program
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively with individual donors, board members, and other diverse stakeholders across an organization
- Proven ability to establish and manage Development Office infrastructure.
- Ability to establish high standards and to organize as well as motivate others to achieve fund-raising objectives
Salary: To Be Determined