Find below a sample job description template for the position of Clinical Specialist:
Job Title: Clinical Specialist
Location of the Job: Lawrenceville, GA89635
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position will provide technical and clinical support to Sales Representatives within a defined geographical boundary. The Field Clinical Specialist will be the technical support person for Biotronik sales representatives and be responsible for covering all bradycardia and tachycardia product segments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (NAPSE) certification. FCS that are not certified must become certified within two years of hire date.
- The FCS should be tachycardia implant certified and be competent in all aspects of ICD implant and follow-up.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of all BIOTRONIK bradycardia and tachycardia products.
- Maintain a competent and current level of knowledge in cardiac pacing, defibrillators and electrophysiology in general.
- Poses strong administrative skills to insure all necessary paper work associated with implant or follow-up or associated with data collection for clinical/scientific studies is correct.
- Provide technical and administrative support when required for clinical studies and scientific studies.
- Train sales representatives in cardiac pacing, Biotronik products and competitor products using materials provided by the training department.
- Provide in service training to physician, nursing and technical hospital staff on demand.
- Provide pacemaker and ICD implant support within area of geographic responsibility on demand.
- Provide pacemaker and ICD follow-up to Biotronik patients and physician customers on demand.
- Travel within a designated territory. Cross-over coverage during emergencies may be necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Company.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Pacemaker implantation and/or follow up experience.
- Minimum of three years experience working in cardiac cath lab, EP lab or pacing business with specific emphasis on pacemaker and ICD support.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Physiology, Biology or Bio-Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE