The following sample job description template for the position of CNC Operator is for guidance purpose only; please make sure that you modify it for required changes.
Job Title: CNC Operator
Location of the job: Westmont, IL 60559
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate’s degree
Atlantic Industrial Models has openings for 2nd shift programmer/operators for HAAS CNC milling machines. 5 years of experience on HAAS or similar milling machine is required. Proficiency programming with Mastercam is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs dimensional inspection of product as required.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Loads and unloads products.
- Aware at all times of correct orientation of product being placed in machinery.
- Enters commands to title and store programs in computer memory and build and maintain source files.
- point, feed rate and speed, utilizing knowledge of numerical-control machine operation.
- Enters computer commands to retrieve stored parts data and programs.
- Reviews shop orders and drawings to determine job specifications and requirements.
- Calculates and codes machine controlling criteria, such as axis movement, type and size of cutting and drilling tools, spindle location, machining start
- Ability to foresee changes relevant to area of responsibility.
- Ability to organize work assignments to ensure efficient operations of CNC machining environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to achieve intended objective.
- Generate part programs that meet production objectives for optimum cost, quality, speed, throughput, and on-time customer deliveries.
- Knowledge of CNC-FANUC(primary), Dynapath, and Demhi System Controls.
Salary: 13.00 – 15.00 USD /hour