Sample job description template for the position of Computer Operator is given below. You can use it as a guide for preparing a JD of your own.
Job Title: Computer Operator
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate’s degree
COMSYS is looking for Computer Operators who will support all test batch jobs on a credit card Mainframe system. They will use OPC to schedule jobs and run jobs through the system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly involved in the investigation and resolution of all local and remote data center problems.
- Responsible for completing service requests and resolving user trouble calls as it relates to data center computing.
- Responsible for completing all assigned production processing as scheduled.
- Responsible for placing trouble calls to vendors to correct any malfunctioning hardware.
- Responsible for all network components (hubs, routers, switches, and servers).
- Completes all jobs according to schedule on the AS/400 and Windows Systems.
- Ensures that the local and remote data center is fully operational and working properly.
- Problem solving
- Personal computer skills
- Can work well within a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Associate’s degree or technical school
Salary: 18.00 – 20.00 USD /hour