This sample job description template for the position of Data Center Engineer will help you prepare a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Data Center Engineer
Location of the Job: Richardson, TX 75080
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Data Center Virtualization (DCV) Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of virtualization products and systems that support virtualization, including all server hardware, networking, and operating systems including Microsoft and Linux.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis 24x7x365 to support escalations and outages
- Ensure data center environment is stable and in compliance with corporate security policy
- Supervise, assist and mentor outsourced data center engineers
- Manage the physical Data Center infrastructure and work with vendors to resolve problems.
- Develop standard operating procedures and engage in training and continuous learning with peers and other teams.
- Install hardware, assist with upgrades, and perform repair requests with peers.
- Monitor Remedy trouble tickets and troubleshoot, update, and resolve as needed.
- Work with the PMO, internal customers (Network Team, IS, development and others) to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Experience with complex storage deployments/migrations from EMC, HP and NETAPP.
- Strong experience with Network Appliance*s storage products.
- Strong experience with EMC*s storage products (CLARiiON, CELERRA).
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to for effective communication with internal team members, customers and vendors
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, including experience in writing documentation and written correspondence with customers and vendors
- Must have strong verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor dialogue to targeted audience
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE