Following is a sample job description template for the position of Data Center Operator. You should edit it to reflect the actual requirements of your organization.
Job Title: Data Center Operator
Location of the job: East Kingston, NY 11937
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
We are seeking Temporary Data Center Operator who can work the Saturday 7PM to 7AM shift and the Sunday 7PM to 7AM shift in our Piscataway, NJ facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preserve orderly conditions of the command center and server room.
- Provide Help Desk coverage during off hours, weekends and when deemed necessary.
- Create Shift Status Reports communicating shift activities and problems.
- Inventory paper, printer and other miscellaneous supplies.
- Assist with Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Report printing.
- Create and update procedural documentation.
- Maintain off-site tape storage rotation.
- Execute/monitor system backup and restores.
- Perform routine system maintenance.
- Monitor all processing during shift and work with support teams to resolve issues that may arise.
- Attention to detail is essential for this role. Process schedules are critical for delivery and can have dramatic repercussions if missed.
- 2-4 yrs experience verifying daily run logs, processing schedules and handling of tapes.
- ALL candidates should have 2-4 yrs experience in a data center as a computer operator.
- Unix and Windows client Server experience in a production/data center environment.
- Flexibility to work occasional 2nd or 3rd shift for cross-training and/or emergency coverage.
Salary: 14.00 – 16.00 USD /hour