The responsibilities of Database Administrator vary from organization to organization but the key responsibilities more or less are quite common. Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Database Administrator or DBA:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location of the Job: ____________________
Years of Experience: 2 to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: ____________________
Person, who updates and integrates the date of an organization and guarantees the data availability. DBA also recovers the corrupted data and abolishes data redundancy to improve the efficiency and performance of the database.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the information within the organization
- Designing of Database
- To implement the data models.
- To ensure the data availability.
- Responsible to manage the database structures.
- To install and upgrade the SQL server regularly
- Checking the performance of server
- To make back up of all data and recover the lost data
- Ensuring that the backup files meets all the recovery needs.
- Providing security to data
- Responsible to import or export the data from and to the SQL Server.
- To reduce the data dependency.
- Sound knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Skills of verbal and non verbal communication.
- Ability to think logically.
- Able to work as a member of team.
- Continuously learning of new software and servers.
- Self motivated.