A sample job description template for the position of Design Coordinator is given below:
Job Title: Design Coordinator
Location of the job: Arlington, VA 22209
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Supports architectural design projects by organizing, tracking, and expediting requirements, timetables, and finances; maintaining communications; manages subcontractors including work product, work quality, and delivery schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Fabric and Trim Cards for all styles each season.
- Creates Bill of Materials for all styles each season.
- Fabric sourcing key communicator and point of contact for imports.
- Initiates lab dips, knit downs, wash developments.
- Monitors timeline of tech packs.
- Manages garment detail information flow.
- Manages flow and prioritizes protos through duplicates.
- Initiates 1st patterns into protos with the support of Design and issues all proto cuts.
- Manages the product development calendar while working in close partnership with the design team.
- Coordinates the implementation and execution of product development each season with the Design Department in their respective category.
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely mannerHas a sense of urgency.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines and documents.
- Comfortable in self-starter environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong knowledge/training with Microsoft Office Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: minimum of 2 years related experience.
Salary: $13.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE