Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Design Engineer:
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location of the Job: Bloomington, IN 47404
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
CDI Aerospace is currently looking for qualified Design Engineers to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. The qualified candidates will perform intermediate design tasks such as conceptual design and advanced modeling utilizing Catia V5.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete simple internal documents and other related duties.
- Technical decision making and judgment required to perform routine duties.
- Ensure high quality of work performed.
- Work as a team member to accomplish all tasks.
- Perform tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure form, fit, and function of multiple components.
- Identify and prepare hardware specifications.
- Develop estimates of time and materials required for project.
- Create design concepts, layouts, and solutions by investigating and analyzing customer specific problems.
- Must be a resourceful team player
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to control and mange cost and schedule.
- Experience working with design software AutoCAD, Microstation.
- Knowledge of system protection and controls is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading an engineering design team on production of detailed design deliverables; drawings, calculations, arrangements, and BOM.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in substation physical design and project scoping.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) designation in US is required; Canadian P.Eng is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. Master degree is a plus.
Salary: $10.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE