Following is a sample job description template for the position of Desktop Support Technician:
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location of the Job: Horseheads, NY 14845
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
We are currently seeking an Electronic Technician to manage the electrical and mechanical aspects of the game room area inclusive of the latest video games, skill games, rides, sky tubes, robotic shows, kitchen equipment, register systems, coin and ticket mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and implement vendor maintenance programs, including routine systems and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure all physical and virtual environments and applications are updated in accordance with department and industry standards.
- Support the roll-out of new hardware and software to the school community.
- Maintain and install Interactive Whiteboards and other educational technologies
- Expertise in creating and deploying application and hardware images.
- Provide hands on break-fix repair services across the district.
- Provide timely and professional support via telephone, portable devices, remote control, in person, and e-mail.
- Prioritize and ensure all user requests are resolved according to departmental guidelines and initiatives, using available tools and ensure the Help Desktop System data is kept up to date and is accurate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass 10 year criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be able to work an 8am – 5pm shift Monday- Friday
- Attention to detail and strong customer focus
- Ability to install / uninstall programs
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs
- Strong Windows and Office troubleshooting knowledge and skills
- Know how to get around in Windows
Salary: 20.00 – 20.00 USD /hour