Here is a sample job description template for the position of Dietary Manager:
Job Title: Dietary Manager
Location of the Job: Somers, NY 10589
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Manage the operation of the Dietary Department to include staffing, food ordering, and preparation, food delivery and clean-up in accordance with facility policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotional marketing of Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
- Acting as a liaison between the facility and Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
- Interviews, hires and orients dietary staff for the dietary department.
- Services Group, Inc. and/or the Healthcare Facility. Maintains all cost records established by Healthcare Services Group, Inc. and/or the Healthcare Facility administration.
- Purchases food and supplies according to the facility menu and within the budgetary guidelines established by Healthcare
- Insures that sanitation and safety standards are maintained above levels that are acceptable according to State and Federal regulations.
- Insures food is prepared by methods that conserve nutritive value, is palatable and attractive to residents and of a quality that is acceptable to the resident.
- Supervises the food preparation and service for resident meals according to established menus and standardized recipes.
- Daily payroll, scheduling and management of your budgets.
- Develops, writes and schedules all dietary employees’ work schedules.
- Managing a staff of 10-30 employees.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- One (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Must possess Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification.
- Must be a Registered Dietician, Diet Technician, or previous Dietary Director, meeting the requirements established by the State Regulatory Agency.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE