A sample job description template for the position of District Manager is given below:
Job Title: District Manager
Location of the Job: San Diego, CA 92101
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position will oversee a region of our operation in Mexico. Qualified candidates must be willing to commute to Mexico daily for business. Qualified candidates outside of reasonable driving distance to Mexico could be required to relocate to Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor expense control within the district on store payroll and general expense to ensure region is consistently meeting or exceeding expense goals and guidelines.
- Communicate strategy and annual goals throughout the district; ensures that alignment exists between company, departmental, and individual objectives; facilitates implementation of “best practices” across the region.
- Partner with Base Camp leaders to represent the Company in state or regional regulatory or compliance matters.
- Build relationships with regional and local organizations and media who support and focus is the outdoor lifestyle sector.
- Network within the general retail industry, as well as the outdoor lifestyle sector, to remain current with the competitive environment and consumer climate
- Ensure stores are operating professionally with appropriate internal processes and controls.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure that stores are providing outstanding customer service and building long-term relationships.
- Ensure that stores are appropriately stocked and merchandised to Gander Mountain standards
- Develop store managers to support store growth and improvement
- Ability to travel 80-90% in the field
- Has humility and self-confidence.
- Has the ability to grow other leaders.
- Has the initiative to solve problems and to get things done correctly and on time.
- Is an educated and is an active learner
- Possess an extremely strong work ethic.
- Has a sustained record of leading teams to success.
- Has excellent communication skills, including active listening and the ability to ask great questions.
- Adopts the Potbelly Values as their personal values.
- Knows, lives and can teach The Potbelly Advantage.
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE