Here is a sample job description template for the position of EEO Specialist or Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist:
Job Title: EEO Specialist
Location of the Job: Princeton, NJ9635
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) is a $4 Billion business unit of General Dynamics Corporation and has a 65 year defense heritage of providing high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its allies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and facilitate hiring and application strategies for Disabled and Vets
- Prepare and respond to internal and external audits (OFCCP, DOL, EEOC)
- Complete EE01 and VETS100 annual reports
- Oversee Applicant Tracking System and OFCCP requirements
- Partner in the implementation and sustainability of technological platforms
- Create, establish and sustain communication and educational strategies regarding employment compliance issues
- Keep up-to-date on Industry trends, regulations and employment law (International and Domestic) and modify processes and procedures as needed
- Develop and monitor annual Affirmative Action Plans and strategies and briefings for leadership team
- Develop and manage effective enterprise-wide strategies and processes to ensure federal, state and international compliance related to employment matters
- Superior knowledge of FMLA, ADA, USERRA and Title VII
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Some travel required
- Detail oriented
- Innovative and creative; willing to embrace new ideas and technology
- Strong HRIS skills/knowledge including Microsoft Office products and applicant tracking programs required.
- Excellent communication both written and oral
- 5+ years of experience relevant to managing compliance issues and solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and managing AAP’s.
- Experience working successfully with auditors and DOL, OFCCP and EEOC.
Salary: $15.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE