Following is a sample job description template for the position of Environmental Manager:
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Location of the Job: Trenton, NJ 08608
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position manages the safety, health and environmental programs of a citrus processing facility, ensuring that all facets of the operation adhere to all components of the facility’s programs and ensures compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental and safety rules, laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Community activities which may include plant tours and speaking before interested community groups.
- Obtains Reward and Recognition for Green Lake SHE activities by submitting Safety and Environmental performance data and activities to appropriate Regulatory and Industry bodies.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management program.
- Keeps abreast of Environmental and Health and Safety developments by establishing contacts through the Texas Chemical Council committees and by attending technical meetings and seminars.
- Coordinates the training of plant personnel in health, safety and environmental areas in close cooperation with the training coordinator.
- Coordinates the efforts in developing, updating, and implementing SOSO and the RCRA, Contingency/Preparedness and Prevention plans.
- Insures application of new permit applications or amendments to existing permits as modifications occur or as regulations required.
- Coordinates the follow up material for worker compensation claims and law suits.
- Directs activities of Quality ISO-9000 program
- Working experience with TCEQ and experience complying with Texas air regulations.
- Chemical or refining experience preferred
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science
- Experience with PC-based software (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Experience with reports to federal and Texas agencies
- Knowledge of federal and Texas laws governing air compliance programs
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience
- Experience in managing compliance for air sources, including documenting regulatory applicability determinations, verifying process streams, understanding mitigation and controls devices
Salary: $14.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE