Find below a sample job description template for the position of Environmental Specialist:
Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Location of the Job: Delano, CA 93216
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain database of environmental permits and records
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. A degree in Environmental Science or Earth Science is a plus.
- Respond to/investigate environmental incidents.
- Assist in addressing potential liabilities and/or remediate leaks, spills and past environmental conditions.
- Participate in environmental field audits and records reviews.
- Interface and communicate with regulatory agencies.
- Prepare/review compliance documents, reports and notices for federal, state and local operating permits.
- Prepare/review permit applications, modifications and renewals.
- Experience in the natural gas industry with familiarity of natural gas industry environmental standards, laws and regulations are preferred.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet regulatory compliance with mandated deadlines.
- Previous experience providing environmental training to production personnel;
- Ability to produce results without direct reports;
- Strong communication skills;
- Working knowledge of plant processes and how they are associated.
- Detailed technical understanding of environmental and operations/mechanical issues;
- General experience and the desire to work with applications software for performing calculations;
- Strong computer skills are required (e.g. Excel, Word, SAP, PI, PowerPoint, etc.);
- S. in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Chemistry with a minimum of six years of relevant experience or equivalent industry experience in operations with a strong interest in environmental testing/compliance.
Salary: $15.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE