Following is a sample job description template for the position of Financial Specialist:
Job Title: Financial Specialist
Location of the Job: Cincinnati, OH 45202
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position does the billing for WTC Treatment Program and/or the Irvine J. Selikoff Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine. The programs have 4 locations, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Yonkers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Covers for personnel whenever needed.
- Collection of past due accounts from guarantor, insurance company or lawyer. Prepares these accounts for action by outside collection agency.
- Performs payment posting, charge entry, demographic registration as needed.
- Investigates, corrects and forwards electronic billing for Medicare, Empire BC/BS, and selected commercial and managed care providers.
- Follows up on outstanding A/R for specific carriers.
- Oversees all A/R billing staff, training new employees and providing support and supervision to current staff. Gives annual performance appraisal input.
- Proficient PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint) necessary. Financial and data modeling a big plus.
- Oracle and Hyperion Planning experience desired.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and coordinate with various groups and teams throughout the company.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Excellent quantitative and excel skills
- 8-10 years in an operational accounting/financial planning environment
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance
Salary: $16.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE