Following is a sample job description template for the position of Food Manager:
Job Title: Food Manager
Location of the Job: Indio, CA 92201
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Oasis Rehabilitation Center is looking for Facility and Food Service Manager- Full Time. Located in Indio, CA near the beautiful desert community of Palm Springs,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotional marketing of Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
- Acting as a liaison between the facility and Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
- Interviews, hires and orients dietary staff for the dietary department.
- Services Group, Inc. and/or the Healthcare Facility.
- Purchases food and supplies according to the facility menu and within the budgetary guidelines established by Healthcare
- Insures that sanitation and safety standards are maintained above levels that are acceptable according to State and Federal regulations.
- Insures food is prepared by methods that conserve nutritive value, is palatable and attractive to residents and of a quality that is acceptable to the resident.
- Supervises the food preparation and service for resident meals according to established menus and standardized recipes.
- Daily payroll, scheduling and management of your budgets.
- Develops, writes and schedules all dietary employees’ work schedules.
- Managing staff between 10-30.
- Work requires the ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs or less
- Knowledge of management issues in a health care environment
- Knowledge of Micros Point of Sale cash systems
- Knowledge of budget and expense control
- Computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Proven leadership with the ability to organize, coordinate and motivate others
- Good analysis/problem solving skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 1 plus years’ supervisory or similar leadership duties in an institutional food services setting or equivalent education and/or experience
- Associate’s degree or 25 plus months of training in Food Service, Culinary Arts or similar program.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE