Here is a sample job description template for the position of Front End Manager:
Job Title: Front End Manager
Location of the Job: Anaheim, CA 92807
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
As a DICK’S Sporting Goods Front End Manager you will be responsible for managing the Front End Department including the hiring, training and supervision of the department associates as well as maintaining controls in the cash office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage others and adhere to company Human Resources and Personnel policies and procedures as well as state and federal labor laws.
- Maintains security of all store systems, including IBM, Wakefern Applications, Scalemaster and DSD.
- Recruiting, training and development of all department personnel.
- Maintain cash handling procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Wakefern Food Corporation, state and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures all company policies such as check cashing, refunds, exchanges, and gift certificates are administered as per company policy.
- Ensure proper maintenance of job-related equipment and proper usage.
- Submission of reports to store and corporate management for key indicators.
- Ensure that all Host Trax procedures are followed.
- Reviews and performs the necessary corrective action for the following areas: Transaction journals, check override reports, negative entries, cash control, refunds, promotions and mystery shopping.
- Achieve or surpass department productivity and payroll goals.
- Maintains all Shrink Initiatives.
- 3- 5 years of retail or related management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
- Flexible availability, including weekends and holidays
- Good attention to detail
- Strong problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal/communication skills
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE