Here is a sample job description template for the position of GIS Coordinator:L
Job Title: GIS Coordinator
Location of the job: Manassas, VA 20110
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Successful candidate is responsible for the management and coordination of the City’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the work of GIS consultants assigned to specific projects.
- Development of an annual GIS work plan.
- Management of corporate GIS data assets
- Coordination and provision of GIS user support and training
- SQL experience is desired.
- Experience with enterprise-level Geo-Spatial databases is required;
- ESRI experience is also required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience is required in a GIS-based capacity, including computer programming and systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation.
- A Master’s degree is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, computer science, or a related discipline is required;
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly DOE