Given hereunder is a sample job description template for the position of Grant Manager:
Job Title: Grant Manager
Location of the Job: New York, NY 10029
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
An Administrative Grant Manager position is open at a major academic institution in New York City. The candidate will be responsible for pre- and post-award grant management, including financial and administrative analysis and planning of multi-million dollar NIH-, VA-, Department of Defense- and privately-funded grants and contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains historical records by entering and verifying data; maintaining and backing up system.
- Maintains system performance by developing budgeting and reporting systems applications.
- Complies with federal and state financial and legal requirements by preparing tax returns.
- Prepares Cost reports and completes special projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Presents financial projections by explaining data and assumptions.
- Provides planning and control information by assembling and analyzing historical financial data; identifying trends; providing forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by researching and correcting variance problems.
- Assembles and interprets economic and competitive data by analyzing and interpreting data; making comparative analyses.
- Assembles financial projection planning and control data by collecting, summarizing, and consolidating data; allocating variances.
- Implements financial projection planning and control processes by following time schedules; monitoring deadlines; adhering to policies and procedures.
- International experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages required.
- At least 5 years hands on accounting experience.
- Experience with information systems support.
- Experience with budget preparation/compilation.
- Experience with financial report preparation.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, internal control systems, OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133 circulars and Government Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of Development work is also preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with major donor agencies such as USAID, EU, and/or DIFID.
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE