Here is a sample job description template for the position of Heavy Equipment Operator:
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Location of the Job: Florence, AL 38852
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate’s degree
We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator for our Northern, NJ facility/site. This position will report to the Operations Manager of the facility/site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has a floating schedule. The Landfill opens at 5 AM and closes at 4 PM.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Willing to work six days a week
- Good work ethic, self-motivated
- Mechanical ability a plus
- Experienced in using a Wheel loader, Dozer, Excavator, Skid steer loaders and like equipment
- 5 to 7 years experience preferably in and around soils screening, moving, and processing operations
Salary: 14.00 – 18.00 USD /hour