Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Import Specialist:
Job Title: Import Specialist
Location of the Job: Syracuse, NY 13221
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Oversee and provide operational support for Import Specialists and complete complex entry processing as needed based upon regulatory requirements and customs service commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay current of U.S. Customs regulations; and classification and valuation rules through self study, approved related courses and seminars, and regular review of trade publications.
- Advise supervisor of any problems or irregularities.
- Monitor shipments as they approach non compliance based on customer control, event control, and transactional data count or control.
- Respond and assist with complex customer inquiries including research and assistance with escalation on priority issues.
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information and other correspondence.
- Process documents through the established Import system obtaining customs release and other governmental agency releases as appropriate.
- Assist and review work stream development of new and existing accounts including reviewing all documentation and forms, maintaining communications with clients, reviewing their import process on a regular basis, and maintaining client profiles and databases.
- Obtain certification for completing customer classification, as well as, other compliance specific classification as defined by company product standards.
- Receive, review, and process complex import transactions for assigned base of accounts for all entry types, including the classification and valuation of goods.
- Manage the entry processing performance and existing customer service commitments to reflect established company Import databases and pre-load templates to reflect these procedures.
- Create and distribute written exception procedures for handling each account served by the team
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment and/or health insurance industry preferred
- Work independently with minimal day-to-day guidance
- Work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic software development company
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience writing SQL scripts/queries
- Minimum of two years experience working in a database, data analysis or similar role
- BA/BS degree required; emphasis in Computer Science or Statistics preferred
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE